Duration: 4 Years
For detailed information about BSc in Psychology please click http://www.emu.edu.tr/psychology/ProgramLinks.aspx?id=9
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
The goal of the Psychology undergraduate degree program is to provide students with psychological knowledge which will enable them to work towards professional Psychology Diploma in line with EuroPsy. In addition, the undergraduate degree enables the students to continue graduate work in fields such as social, industrial, developmental, educational, health, clinical and forensic psychology, only to name a few of almost fifty subfields of Psychology.
PSYCHOLOGY EDUCATION AT EMU
• Psychology students are provided with computer and audiovisual facilities available at the Faculty of Arts and Sciences.
• The Psychology section of the EMU Library provides students with various scientific journals discussing the latest developments of the field.
• Being the most recently established department at EMU, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, the Psychology Department receives a great deal of both administrative and academic attention.
• In the department, student-instructor relationships are tight-knit. Students are able to contact their instructors without difficulty. In addition, students and instructors often get together for social events organized by the department.
• The department curriculum is in-line with YÖK, EU university standards and the European Psychology Diploma (EuroPsy).
• Instructors at the EMU Psychology Department are graduates from distinguished universities of North America and Europe.
• The program offers diverse elective courses which will enable students to move on to graduate studies in related fields without difficulty.
• Students have the opportunity to reinforce all they have acquired in the classroom setting, through observation and application at university service centers of EMU such as the Health Center, Psychological Counseling, Guidance and Research Center and EMU Kindergarden.
• Language of instruction is English.
• The Behavioral Sciences Laboratory, equipped with state-of-art technology, will shortly be in service for Psychology students.
STUDENTS WHO EARN A PSYCHOLOGY UNDERGRADUATE DIPLOMA
Students who successfully complete the four-year psychology undergraduate degree program will become psychology graduates; students who
complete graduate training and one-year supervision will acquire the title of “professional psychologist” (Please see: http://www.cop.es/efppa).
Students who receive their undergraduate degrees, are able to work in educational facilities, industrial organisations, courtrooms, human resources departments, prisons, counseling centers and other private or public sectors which provide psychology services.
With its various subfields, Psychology provides services in many different arenas. Psychotherapy, psychometry, research counseling, employee selection, intra-communication development for companies, test tool development for education are among the many services that professional psychologists are able to provide.
QUALIFICATIONS OF EMU PSYCHOLOGY PROGRAM GRADUATES
Qualification of our graduates include:
• Skills to examine the link between theory and application,
• Skills to examine the historical development of psychology theories along with philosophical and social expansion of such theories,
• Skills to examine research results from different subfields of psychology,
• Skills to investigate, question and analyze events,
• Skills to present and defend different points of view,
• Teamwork abilities and communication skills,
• Skills to work competitively, collaboratively and independently,
• Critical thinking skills for examining published works in psychology.
• EMU is the most well-established university of North Cyprus.
• EMU has 7 faculties and 2 schools, all with highly qualified academicians.
• English Preparatory School provides intense English training.
• EMU is equipped with a contemporary library with computer facilities.
• On-campus dormitories are comfortable and safe.
• Indoor and outdoor sport facilities are provided.
• There are various student associations.
• Faculties provide student help desks and services.
• Various scholarship opportunities are available.
While completing your higher education here at EMU, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a secure and friendly university campus setting in which you will be able to excell in the exciting accedemic and social atmosphere the university has to offer.
For further information please contact:
Department of Psychology
Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Eastern Mediterranean University
Famagusta, North Cyprus.
Tel: +90 392 630 1389
Fax: +90 392 630 2475